Have you heard about Google Maccabees update?
No, then go through this update right now from herein as it is being much talked about among SEO folks and webmaster in various groups and forums. Many webmasters are found saying “they are losing the traffic of their and client website in decent amount approx 30-40%”
Many websites owner claims to get hitched by this Maccabees update. Webarchers has reviewed the 1000 websites which have been hit by the update and came out with a distress that the websites which are taking benefits of keyword permutations are being hit the most.
What is a keyword permutation?
It is the process of targeting multiple keyword combinations on different pages of a website. Though it is been the old technique to get website rank for all the combination of keywords you are targeting, still the technique is majorly followed by websites related to a niche like real estate, travel, and e-commerce.
Here is the example of keyword permutation being used by Travel website
- Luxury hotel in Delhi
- Classic Hotel in Delhi
- Cheap hotel in Delhi
All above keywords are targeted with separate pages over the website.
The reason why all the SEOs are targeting these keywords with a separate page because the keywords have high search volume and if they accomplish the first-page rank position with above keywords, they are more likely to get a huge chunk of traffic to their website.
However, in Google perspective, it is a poor user experience that a website could give to its users, and Google now is more focused to provide users with a great user experience.
How to recover from Maccabees update
- Don’t create unnecessary pages just for the sake of targeting keywords.
- Your separate webpage must supply quality and unique content to the demand (queries) of users.
- If you have a genuine reason to create a separate page, give the value on the page.
- Don’t leave the page with thin and low-quality content.
- Keyword targeting is important but keeps it natural, not to just focus on the keywords only.
- Write the content of webpage keeping searcher intent in the mind
- Target all the related and LSI keywords on one page only. It supplies good user experience and thus become the darling of Google crawler.
Here you can find great information from SEO industry’s leading authorities. It will give a highlight of the mid-December algorithm update.